Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Healing

The healing process is well on it's way. Monique's incision stitch tape is all off. Her scar is a little raised right now but it is new (well new old scar) it will go down. She is having a little trouble with the top stitch. It has not dissolved yet and surrounded by red so... I am bringing her in to see our family physician tomorrow. She was a little nervous going to bed about the whole thing but I think she will do great.

Tomorrow is my mother's birthday. We are bringing her out for supper. Monique was slightly excited to be going out in public. She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and was all like... it's ok? but i can't... Poor thing.

As I was talking to mom tonight. I realized I had completely forgotten Monique's other grandmother's birthday (Mique's father's mother). I have never forgotten before, in the whole 11 years I have known her. I feel super bad, so I invited her too.

The plan is to bring Mique to school Friday afternoon for their Valentine's day party. I hope all will be ok. I am staying with her though. We went to pick up work yesterday at school and she was very shy, didn't talk much. She did show her incision scar to all her friends though. Right up with the shirt. Sorry to all those parents who would rather not their children to have seen that. She is proud of her battle scar. It is the reason she is alive.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Monique should be SO proud of herself and her scar ... she's an amazingly strong little girl! Hope she has fun at her class party on Friday :).