Sunday, February 7, 2010

Energy

Just a little note to let you all know that Monique is still doing fantastic. One of her stitch tape strips fell off and she was slightly excited! Her incision looks fantastic, a little raised but not dark at all. I did end up taking her to the pediatrician to get checked out. He was pleased and said that all was still ok.

I talked to her about wishes the other day. We talked about Disney, the Princesses, airplanes. She said her number one wish was to have wings. She wants wings! She wants to be able to fly. That wish scares me and amazes me all in one bundle.

She is getting her energy back although she is stil my little cuddle bunny. I love it! I am hoping to get her caught up on schoolwork this week. She will be starting school on the 15th. The day after Valentine's day.

A note to you all that this week is CHD awareness week. All week. Feb. 14th is not only Valentine's day but it is also CHD awareness day. This birth defect is the #1 birth defect that our children are born with yet it is one of the least funded research in our country. How is that? Not enough people are aware that this problem exists. Please, be aware.

Our heart warriors are heros!

2 comments:

The Diva said...

YAY!!! :)

Eva's Mom said...

OH, I just sighed with happiness.