Monday, November 3, 2008

Today

I am ok. Monique is and will be ok. That is what I have set my mind to. I have the best support system anyone could ever ask for. Thank God for family, friends and loved ones.
Monique has a cold. YUCK! Poor thing hardly has a voice. I hope it won't last all winter and that ear infections won't start already. It's not like I would know. She has never ever complained of hurting ears or a hurting ear every time she has had an infection. She just acts differently.
Is this common with most heart kids?... I often ask myself that question. Her tolerance to pain is ridiculously high!!! Sometimes I know I would be crying because of something or somehow she has gotten hurt but she brushes herself off and away she goes. I am always amazed. She is a quite a gal.
She has learned so much in school. Tonight she was a chatterbox at bedtime. She wanted me to lay with her for a few minutes for cuddles. Well... ha ha ha... more like a never ending chat. She's cute, she talks like a little woman. Asking questions like... So mom, what did they teach you tonight? (I had a meeting)... What did you learn? Did it help you?... She was asking me all the questions I ask her about her day on a daily basis. At least I know she is listening to me! Cutie pie...

No comments: