Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Visit to the Pediatrician

I brought Monique to see her pediatrician today. My suspicions were right on! Her mood was definitely a huge clue to what was going on. She did not complain once not did she say she hurt somewhere. Double ear infection. Her first dose of Cefzil for the season. An early start.

I feel better now that we have seen her pediatrician. He reassured me that he will keep a close eye on her with me. He wants to see her once a month to track her progression. I am a little relieved. I know some things I will pick up on but others I will miss. I can count on him to notice things that I will not necessarily notice. His wife is also fantastic. She is his receptionist. She gave me their home number and invited me to call whenever I need anything. They are great !

I started talking about Remembrance Day today at school with my students. Wow... tough! I was close to tears the whole time. Miss you Papa!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Faith, I found the link to your blog from the Heart Centre Parents' wall on facebook. My kids go to the same school as Monique ... and we have some friends in common (Treena, Mandy, etc). My youngest son, Dominic was born with a CHD & had surgery at birth, so I have a tiny bit of insight on being a heart mom. I'd like to follow your blog and keep Monique & your family in my prayers. Take care :).

HeartMom said...

follow away... it helps to write and read... Which CHD was your son born with?

Tracy said...

He was born with Transposition of the Great Arteries (TGA) and had open heart surgery at 2 days old. He has annual check ups at the heart centre and is doing well.

So what is the next step for Monique? .. and who is her cardiologist ... Dr. Chen?

HeartMom said...

She had Dr. Chen but now we are with Finley. We have been since she was last seen in the Yarmouth clinic. I hope we stay with him honestly.
We went to see Couture last week, he wants to see her every month to help me monitor her progress. She is only to be seen again by her cardiologist in 6 months. We are watching for signs of heart failure right now. I am not sure what procedure is next but I do know it involved a surgeon.