Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not good news...

We went up for a check-up today. God, I was not expecting to hear what I heard. I feel like I am sceaming at the top of my lungs and someone is suffocating me with a pillow. I feel so completely helpless.

Monique is not well. Her cardiologist did not like what he saw at all. She is now on meds to help lessen the load on her heart. Her aortic valve is not working at all. It never worked well. But now, it's worse. The "good" side of her heart will have to be repaired. What I thought would be the #1 concern is not the case. It is something completely different. So now, it is a real waiting game, how bad, how fast?? Surgeons will have to go in and replace her aortic valve with a donor one (which would only last about 5 years) or a mechanical one (which would mean blood thinners for the rest of her life). Though choice!

One minute I am numb, the next I feel like screaming and then crying my eyes out. No matter how prepared you think you are for bad news it is a huge slap on the face. And it hurts like a BITCH!

Please, keep Monique in your prayers. Pray that she pulls through what is coming safely and successfully.

God Bless.

5 comments:

Gisele Theriault said...

I will definitely keep Monique and yourself, in my prayers. xo

Unknown said...

May God hear all our prayers as we trust His plan for Monique and for you too, my dear daughter

Eva's Mom said...

AAArrrGGHhhhhh!!
{{hugs}}

Shawnda said...

We have been keeping you and your family in our thoughts & prayers, and will continue to do so...These little kiddies are tough ones!

Treen said...

love you both so very much
{HUGS to both of you}
xoxo